Correctional Officer CCC - $32,226.72
Maintains security in buildings/towers/other posts of an adult correctional facility; intervenes during emergencies or altercations and gains physical control of offenders
Supervises movement of offenders inside/outside the correctional facility; conducts periodic counts of offenders; searches offenders and their living quarters for contraband; Escorts/transports offenders to predetermined locations
Supervises offenders: in housing units; during the performance of work activities; during recreational/ religious activities
Conducts inspections for health and safety hazards; prepares/submits reports on offender violations of divisional or correctional facility rules/unusual offender behaviors/observed mechanical deficiencies/ security breaches or failures
Discusses minor adjustment problems with offenders; refers serious problems to proper correctional facility staff; promotes rehabilitation by attempting to modify offender’s social attitudes/discouraging undesirable behaviors/encouraging worthwhile activities
Supervises visits with offenders; searches visitors/offenders/buildings/grounds for contraband
Performs work in accordance with established rules/regulations/post orders/specific instructions; receives general administrative direction
Performs other related work as assigned
All you need for success:
· Must be 19 years of age or older.
1. Ability to pass a background investigation administered by the Missouri Department of Corrections.
2. Ability to complete Defensive Tactics and Standard First Aid\CPR training during Basic Training administered by the Missouri Department of Corrections.
By assignment, a position may require:
3. Ability to complete and maintain firearms certification training administered by the Missouri Department of Corrections.
4. Possession of a valid vehicle operator's license.